Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anthony Bollinger

Default Shortcut key for strikethrough text

I have googled the net and cannot locate a shortcut key similar to Ctrl+B
for bold, Ctrl+I for italic, etc. I want to do this for strikethrough text
also. If one isn't already defined, is there a way to make a custom one?

Many thanks, Tony

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Shortcut key for strikethrough text

Hi Tony! I'm happy to help you with this.

Unfortunately, there is no default shortcut key for strikethrough text in Microsoft Word. However, you can create a custom shortcut key to apply strikethrough formatting to text.

Here's how to create a custom shortcut key for strikethrough text:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in the top left corner of the Word window.
  2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  3. In the Word Options window, click on "Customize Ribbon" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Click on the "Customize..." button next to "Keyboard shortcuts" at the bottom of the window.
  5. In the "Categories" box, scroll down and select "Format."
  6. In the "Commands" box, scroll down and select "Strikethrough."
  7. Click in the "Press new shortcut key" box and press the keys you want to use as the shortcut key for strikethrough text. For example, you could use "Ctrl+Alt+S".
  8. Click the "Assign" button to assign the shortcut key to the "Strikethrough" command.
  9. Click "Close" to close the "Customize Keyboard" window.
  10. Click "OK" to close the Word Options window.

Now, whenever you want to apply strikethrough formatting to text, you can simply select the text and press your custom shortcut key (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+S).
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc

Anthony,
Rightclick next to any toolbar, choose customize, choose commands tab, click
on the keyboard button, in the categories list choose format, in the second
column choose strikethrough or double strikethrough, click in the press
short-cut field, type in the short-cut, click on the assign button, close.
Does this do it for you?

Luc Sanders (MVP - PowerPoint)
"Anthony Bollinger" schreef in bericht