Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
elfmajesty elfmajesty is offline

Default Cross-Reference Font Changes?

I have tried to find this answer before posting, but am not having any luck.

I have a document wherein my Level 1 Style numbered Paragraphs are formatted
as such:

ARTICLE I

ARTICLE II

etc.

When I cross-reference them in other paragraphs, it comes in with that font
formatting (all caps) such as if I said, "That feature is defined in ARTICLE
II."

We would like our cross-references to come in as "That feature is defined in
Article II."

Can this be done? I've tried numerous this with the \* Charformat and \*
MERGEFORMAT switches, but I can't get it right.

Here's an example of our reference code:
{REF_Ref139705754\r \h}

Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Elf
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm guessing that you're headings have been typed with Caps Lock on.
Instead, type them in caps and lowercase and format the heading style as All
Caps; then you will get the desired formatting in your cross-references.

"elfmajesty" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi elfmajesty,

Try adding a 'Caps' switch to your cross-reference field, before the
hyperlink switch. For example:
{REF_Ref139705754 \r \*Caps \h}

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
elfmajesty elfmajesty is offline

Thanks for this suggestion. I tried it and it works to some extent. The
problem with the "Caps" switch is that it gives me "Article Ii" instead of
"Article II".

However, Suzanne's suggestion was correct. Once I did change the Level 1 to
be typed as Article with the roman numeral numbering and then changed the
style to be All Caps - it worked! I'm very grateful for this as the document
we are working on is over 90 pages so far and the thought of having to add
the "Caps" switch to each and every reference was daunting.

Thanks to you both.