how do i add vertical bars between words?

Old December 31st 04, 07:17 AM
scott

Default how do i add vertical bars between words?

I'm trying to create vertical lines -- like musical barlines -- to separate
words or lines of prose. Not slanted slashes. Also -- once I can do this,
could I alter size / font (e.g., bold)?
Old December 31st 04, 08:11 AM
Daiya Mitchell

Shift-\ gives me a | on my keyboard (US layout). Select to edit. Once you
have it the way you like it, consider AutoCorrect or AutoText if it was a
hassle to format.

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

If you want a | that crosses several lines, that's possible too.

Old January 1st 05, 03:34 AM
sf

Old January 1st 05, 07:58 AM

Yes.

news
wrote:

This character is called a "pipe" and should be found on all keyboards

(it
is used in some DOS commands).

| which is shift + \?

Word frequencies Anthea Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 05:46 AM
Finding words near other words AH Microsoft Word Help 5 December 16th 04 04:23 PM
Word Count mel Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 04 11:17 PM
How do I print a document showing change bars in the margin but n. mburns2 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 03:30 AM
Recurring words/phrases Pegge New Users 1 December 9th 04 03:08 AM