Index function in WORD 2007

Old July 18th 07, 04:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Woollcott

Default Index function in WORD 2007

I have started writing a long paper in Word 2007, and have come to the point
where I must start my Index. I have read the tutorial, and even purchased a
special Manual, but I still cannot get the Index to go beyond a certain
point. I understand that the writer must go to "Reference" on the Ribbon,
and from there to "Index" to mark the entry (the word or phrase to be
indexed). Next, the writer is to go to "Insert Index." I have a blank page
reserved after the Bibliography for the Index. But when I attempt to insert
the index, the "Insert Index" goes from black to grey (meaning the function
is not available). How do I get beyond this? How do I start my Index Page?