Chris

Default Save DOC into multiple parts?

I have a word doc that is several pages. I would like to save each page as
a separate doc file. Is there a simple way to do this other than
copy/paste?

Thanks.

garfield-n-odie

The following is a macro posted by Word MVP Doug Robbins in response to
a similar question:

Sub splitter()
'
' splitter Macro
' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to save each page of a document
' as a separate file with the name Page#.DOC
'
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
Pages = ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropert yPages)
Counter = 0
While Counter Pages
Counter = Counter + 1
DocName = "Page" & Format(Counter)
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\Page").Range.Cut
Documents.Add
Selection.Paste
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=DocName, FileFormat:= _
wdFormatDocument, LockComments:=False, Password:="",
AddToRecentFiles:= _
True, WritePassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False,
EmbedTrueTypeFonts:= _
False, SaveNativePictureFormat:=False, SaveFormsData:=False, _
SaveAsAOCELetter:=False
ActiveWindow.Close
Wend
End Sub

And if you don't know how to install a macro, see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm .