Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lin McDowell

Default page length irregularity

I have finished laying out a 113-page book in Word 2002 on a PC. It is
comprised of non-numbered front matter, and 9 chapters page-numbered in the
footers. It also has a running book title head on one side, and chapter
titles on the other side. My problem is that some of my pages seem to end a
line shorter than others. I have checked the formatting-the style is the
same throughout; the text is justified left and right; the page numbers are
all the same font and size; the gutters are all set to 0". These pages all
begin at Line 1. When i try to manually type in the last line, it eventually
shifts over to the next page, leaving the preceding page a line short again.
Is there something else that could be responsible for my problem? Thanks for
any help.