Jentimus

Default Select All Style button grayed out

Problem: In the Styles and Formatting Task Pane, the "Select All" button is
grayed out. The "Select All " option in the drop down menu for every style
is followed by "Not Currently Used"

Background:
- Running Word 2003 SP1 on XP OS
- This is a machine-specific issue - documents that are a problem on my
machine, when accessed via word on another machine, do not cause the Select
All to gray out. So I think it's a setting somewhere.
- This is an issue with all default word styles (like heading 1, heading 2,
heading 3 -- even normal) and custom styles.
- I have deleted normal.dot and allowed Word to generate a new one
- I have created documents in a custom template from another machine that
has the feature enabled -- it's still diabled on mine.
- I have disabled all add-in templates with no effect on the issue
- I am working in the main text layer of the document (not header/footer
like the previous thread that had a similar problem)
-- I upgraded from XP to 2003 with no effect.

Does anyone have a clue to what could be causing this feature to be
disabled? I'll be so impressed and grateful if you know ...

Thanks, Jen