Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Colinhp

Default Headers and footers printing different size on odd and even pages

I have a double sided word document with headers and footers set up as the
same measurement. The footer style is all the same and and header style is
all the same. The page margins are set up the same for the whole document.
The document is also set up as mirrored margin.
When printing the document on one side of paper all the footers and headers
are exactly as expected. The print preview matches what I get.
When I print the document double sided the odd page headers and footers are
approx. 2mm higher than the even page header and footers. I have recently
updated the print driver which is working fine.
On other documents not set up for double sided printing in the template they
all print fine but this document has been specifically been set up for double
sided printing and the headers and footers have this 'glitch'.
The print preview through both Word and the printer shows that the headers
and footers are fine.
Please can you help. I have searched many sites and have found nothing
about this problem anywhere.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you created the duplicate header by copying and pasting, you will have
added an extra empty paragraph (no matter how carefully you select the text
you copy and paste, this still happens). This is causing one header to be
higher than the other. Display nonprinting characters (Ctrl+*) so you can
see the paragraph mark and delete it.

"Colinhp" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Colinhp

Default Headers and footers printing different size on odd and even pa

Thanks for your response. There is no paragraph mark in either the header or
footer. When the document is printed on single sided paper they are all the
same size. It is only when the same document is printed double sided that
the discrepency occurs.

"Colinhp" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In that case I would suggest that your printer's paper feed is the issue.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you created the duplicate header by copying and pasting, you will

have
added an extra empty paragraph (no matter how carefully you select the

text
you copy and paste, this still happens). This is causing one header to

be
higher than the other. Display nonprinting characters (Ctrl+*) so you

can
see the paragraph mark and delete it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Colinhp" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Colinhp

Overnight I have come to the same opinion. Thank you for your help, you have
confirmed my own thoughts.