Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pmc

Default insertion point

When I open Microsoft Word the insertion point is teeny tiny. When I select
Zoom 200%, then Zoom 100%, the insertion point goes back to its normal size.
I don't know why this started happening. I don't know what setting to use to
restore it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You've already found the needed setting. We usually tell people 500%, but
apparently 200% works for you, too. No one knows what causes this problem,
hence the absence of any better solution.

"pmc" wrote in message
When I open Microsoft Word the insertion point is teeny tiny. When I

select
Zoom 200%, then Zoom 100%, the insertion point goes back to its normal

size.
I don't know why this started happening. I don't know what setting to use

restore it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If this happens every time you could at least start each document with the
cursor displayed correctly by adding the following two lines to both an
autonew and an autoopen macro

ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom.Percentage = 500
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom.Percentage = 100