Jen

Default Extra page, paragraph marker

I'm working with a fairly complicated document someone else sent me.

Problem: there's a bulleted list which is the last thing in section 4 (i.e.,
after the list it goes to section 5.0, which automatically starts on a new
page). But for some reason I have an extra page between the list and the 5.0.
I can see an extra paragraph marker at the end of the bulleted list, but I
can't remove it no matter what I try.

Any ideas? I'm really stuck.
garfield-n-odie

Maybe the bulleted list is in a table? If so, then you won't be able delete
the paragraph mark after the table. But you can format the paragraph mark as
1-point font size, which should make it almost invisible.

"Jen" wrote:

I'm working with a fairly complicated document someone else sent me.

Problem: there's a bulleted list which is the last thing in section 4 (i.e.,
after the list it goes to section 5.0, which automatically starts on a new
page). But for some reason I have an extra page between the list and the 5.0.
I can see an extra paragraph marker at the end of the bulleted list, but I
can't remove it no matter what I try.

Any ideas? I'm really stuck.

Jezebel

Perhaps the section break for section 5 is 'New even page' or 'New odd page'
and the preceding page is even or odd respectively?

Does the superfluous page disappear if you delete the section break? And
re-appear if you re-insert it?

"Jen" wrote in message
I'm working with a fairly complicated document someone else sent me.

Problem: there's a bulleted list which is the last thing in section 4

(i.e.,
after the list it goes to section 5.0, which automatically starts on a new
page). But for some reason I have an extra page between the list and the

5.0.
I can see an extra paragraph marker at the end of the bulleted list, but I
can't remove it no matter what I try.

Any ideas? I'm really stuck.

For general information on things that cause extra pages, see
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/BlankPage.htm. But for help in
ascertaining what you're dealing with, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm. As garfield-n-odie
suggests, there may be a table involved, but I suspect that the main problem
is the section break, which is "New page" at minimum and probably "odd page"
or "even page." I suspect you need to get rid of the break entirely; for
help with that, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm