Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
amber amber is offline

Default Rotating graphic with text

I am trying to make a graduation announcement. A quaterfold type card where
the inside right and inside left need to be upside down. I downloaded a
graduation graphic from the Microsoft website and inserted it, then added the
wording. I didn't do text boxes (do I need to). I have tried everything to
make my graphic with the words to rotate upside down but no success. I went
to help and followed directions but it didn't work. I finally got the rotate
symbol to look like it was rotating but it wouldn't rotate the picture.
Lost..........................
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

To rotate a graphic, you must first change its wrapping from In Line With
Text to some other style. Text (even in a text box) cannot be rotated
upside-down, but see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/UpsideDownText.htm
or http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm.

"Amber" wrote in message

I am trying to make a graduation announcement. A quaterfold type card

where
the inside right and inside left need to be upside down. I downloaded a
graduation graphic from the Microsoft website and inserted it, then added

the
wording. I didn't do text boxes (do I need to). I have tried everything to
make my graphic with the words to rotate upside down but no success. I

went
to help and followed directions but it didn't work. I finally got the

rotate
symbol to look like it was rotating but it wouldn't rotate the picture.
Lost..........................

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

In order to get relevant answers to your questions you need to *at least*
specify what version of the software you're using. Many features change from
one version to the next.

Generally, regular text & text in text boxes or AutoShapes *cannot* be
rotated in Word. Even though the shapes, tehmselves, can be rotated the text
in them remains horizontal. In a text box you also have a text orientation
setting, but not rotation.

However you can use WordArt to create artistic text which can be rotated.
You can also do your graphic work in a program designed for that purpose &
insert a copy of the finished artwork into a Word doc. Other options may
also be available depending on version.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Amber" wrote in message

I am trying to make a graduation announcement. A quaterfold type card
where
the inside right and inside left need to be upside down. I downloaded a
graduation graphic from the Microsoft website and inserted it, then added
the
wording. I didn't do text boxes (do I need to). I have tried everything to
make my graphic with the words to rotate upside down but no success. I
went
to help and followed directions but it didn't work. I finally got the
rotate
symbol to look like it was rotating but it wouldn't rotate the picture.
Lost..........................

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
amber amber is offline

Thanks, I am using Word 2000. Sorry I'm new at this. I will try these
recommendtaions and see what happens.

"Amber" wrote in message

I am trying to make a graduation announcement. A quaterfold type card
where
the inside right and inside left need to be upside down. I downloaded a
graduation graphic from the Microsoft website and inserted it, then added
the
wording. I didn't do text boxes (do I need to). I have tried everything to
make my graphic with the words to rotate upside down but no success. I
went
to help and followed directions but it didn't work. I finally got the
rotate
symbol to look like it was rotating but it wouldn't rotate the picture.

rotating text box ekta Microsoft Word Help 1 April 3rd 07 05:06 PM
Rotating Text Dave Page Layout 5 March 14th 07 09:48 PM
rotating a graphic within Microsoft Word 2000 New Users 1 July 6th 06 08:26 AM
Rotating a Text box Cassy Page Layout 1 March 15th 05 07:08 AM
Rotating a Text Box Gerry Duggan New Users 1 December 1st 04 03:30 PM