Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graeme Graeme is offline

Default Merge image field not displaying

I am trying to use images in a word merge from Excel, without any success. In
the original document I have three fields I have made to try and diagnose the
problem:

1. {MERGEFIELD Flag}
2. {INCLUDEPICTURE "E:\\{MERGEFIELD Flag}" }
3. {INCLUDEPICTURE "E:\\{MERGEFIELD "Flag"}" }

But in the new merged document, after I have prssed Ctrl-A and F9 to update,
I still get

1. ae.jpg - which is the correct filename
2. {INCLUDEPICTURE "E:\\{MERGEFIELD Flag}" }
3. {INCLUDEPICTURE "E:\\{MERGEFIELD "Flag"}" }

when I expect 2. and 3. to have something like:

2. {INCLUDEPICTURE "E:\\{MERGEFIELD ae.jpg}" }

What have I done wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Did you use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters { }?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Graeme" wrote in message
I am trying to use images in a word merge from Excel, without any success.
In
the original document I have three fields I have made to try and diagnose
the
problem:

1. {MERGEFIELD Flag}
2. {INCLUDEPICTURE "E:\\{MERGEFIELD Flag}" }
3. {INCLUDEPICTURE "E:\\{MERGEFIELD "Flag"}" }

But in the new merged document, after I have prssed Ctrl-A and F9 to
update,
I still get

1. ae.jpg - which is the correct filename
2. {INCLUDEPICTURE "E:\\{MERGEFIELD Flag}" }
3. {INCLUDEPICTURE "E:\\{MERGEFIELD "Flag"}" }

when I expect 2. and 3. to have something like:

2. {INCLUDEPICTURE "E:\\{MERGEFIELD ae.jpg}" }

What have I done wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graeme Graeme is offline

That's it! I had just typed them in by hand, hoping Word would pick it up.
When I used Ctrl+F9 is solved the problem.

thanks