Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chosenonehbc chosenonehbc is offline

Default Why are my docs being saved as nameofdoc.docx

I am using Microsoft Off non commercial and when I try to attach doc to my
WEB Class it will not attach doc saved as .docx. I did'nt save it as that. I
only give it a name and save it like CJC unit 2.doc and when I try to attach
it I can not i get an error message.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

That's because you are using word 2007 and .docx is the new format. You need
to do a Save As and change the type to the Word 97-2003 format.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"chosenonehbc" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Off non commercial and when I try to attach doc to my
WEB Class it will not attach doc saved as .docx. I did'nt save it as
that. I
only give it a name and save it like CJC unit 2.doc and when I try to
attach
it I can not i get an error message.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenda Brenda is offline

I have had the same thing happen (docx). Are you saying that all 2007 World
docs are being saved in this .docx format? Lot of people can not open my
email attachments when I send them as 2007 Word documents. Is that because
they all don't have Word 2007 which I find hard to believe? Please advise.
Thanks -Brenda

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

That's because you are using word 2007 and .docx is the new format. You need
to do a Save As and change the type to the Word 97-2003 format.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"chosenonehbc" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Off non commercial and when I try to attach doc to my
WEB Class it will not attach doc saved as .docx. I did'nt save it as
that. I
only give it a name and save it like CJC unit 2.doc and when I try to
attach
it I can not i get an error message.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I find it very easy to believe that they all don't have Word2007.

Either they can download the Compatibility Pack from Microsoft, or you
can Save As your documents in "Word97-2003 Format," which is .doc.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:
That's because you are using word 2007 and .docx is the new format. You need
to do a Save As and change the type to the Word 97-2003 format.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"chosenonehbc" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Off non commercial and when I try to attach doc to my
WEB Class it will not attach doc saved as .docx. *I did'nt save it as
that. I
only give it a name and save it like CJC unit 2.doc and when I try to
attach
it I can not i get an error message.-

Add-ins tab disappears after reopening a previously saved docx doc JohnM Microsoft Word Help 6 December 26th 06 10:47 AM
saved two docs with same name / can i retrieve both Spanky Microsoft Word Help 4 May 1st 06 09:39 PM
saved docs dt New Users 1 March 9th 06 04:58 AM
New docs saved as read-only Chris S. Microsoft Word Help 1 February 13th 06 07:25 PM
saved docs poohbear Microsoft Word Help 1 January 9th 05 05:35 PM