Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word97User Word97User is offline

Default How Do I Import Bookmarks From Another Word Document?

I have 2 versions of the same Word 97 document, with bookmarks in the old
document.

How do I get the bookmarks from the old document into the new document?

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

I have 2 versions of the same Word 97 document, with bookmarks in the old
document.

How do I get the bookmarks from the old document into the new document?

There is no mechanism for this, nor would I want to try to create a macro,
as I can't imagine how one would reliably locate where the bookmarks should
go.

Besides recreating the bookmarks one-by-one, by hand, the only thing that
occurs to me would be to use the "Compare and Merge documents"
functionality, which you'd find under the Tools menu in Word 97. You can
have this bring together the content of the two documents, with differences
marked as "Changes" (as in track changes). You can then go through the
result, accepting and rejecting changes, which should also give you the
bookmarks.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org