Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sueellen777 sueellen777 is offline

Default My text is fuzzy and light.

When I type in Word, or when I read something from the Internet, the text on
my screen is fuzzy and very light. How do I make it clear and dark?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you accidentally touch the monitor's controls, for brightness or
contrast or whatever? (If it happens in everything, it's not a Word
problem.)

On Aug 3, 8:31 pm, sueellen777
wrote:
When I type in Word, or when I read something from the Internet, the text on
my screen is fuzzy and very light. How do I make it clear and dark?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It may be a matter of disabling anti-aliasing.

"sueellen777" wrote in message
news
When I type in Word, or when I read something from the Internet, the text
on
my screen is fuzzy and very light. How do I make it clear and dark?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Windows has a function called 'Clear Type' which is often anything but -
though it's display is adjustable.
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...ner/step1.aspx
Word 2007 (Word Options Popular) and Internet Explorer (Internet Options
Advanced Multimedia) both have tools to switch off Cleartype if you
prefer, or you can download the tool from the above link and tweak it to
your taste.

sueellen777 wrote:
When I type in Word, or when I read something from the Internet, the
text on my screen is fuzzy and very light. How do I make it clear
and dark?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I was so glad when I discovered the Clear Type settings, as the display in
Word was driving me crazy. I don't mind that my letters are "dotty"; at
least they're a uniform color throughout. My eyes are bad enough (floaters)
without having my screen make matters worse.

sueellen777 wrote:
When I type in Word, or when I read something from the Internet, the
text on my screen is fuzzy and very light. How do I make it clear
and dark?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Suzanne,

FWIW, if I recall correctly the Clear Type settings will affect the 'regular' editing displays, but the Full Screen Reading display
in Word 2007 will use Cleartype.

================
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...
I was so glad when I discovered the Clear Type settings, as the display in
Word was driving me crazy. I don't mind that my letters are "dotty"; at
least they're a uniform color throughout. My eyes are bad enough (floaters)
without having my screen make matters worse.

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It appears that you are right about that. It seems okay in the FSR view, and
actually the Regular and Italic type in my documents was not so much a
problem, but the Bold (at least at the Zoom I was using) was just very
weird.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...