Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil Rabichow Phil Rabichow is offline

Default Hyperlink Comment Reference Style in Word 2003

In Word 2000 & below, the comment reference style contained a hyperlink;
i.e. you could click the comment reference & the reviewing pane would open
to that comment. That functionality doesn't exist in Word 2003 (I have
balloons turned off). Is there a way to get that functionality back? If
not, can anyone think of a workaround?
--
Thanks,
Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Phil,

In Word 2000 & below, the comment reference style contained a hyperlink;
i.e. you could click the comment reference & the reviewing pane would open
to that comment. That functionality doesn't exist in Word 2003 (I have
balloons turned off). Is there a way to get that functionality back? If
not, can anyone think of a workaround?

Well, right-click and Edit Comment will open the pane...

If that's not fast enough for you, the only way I know to get the
double-click back would be a comparatively sophisticated macro that relies
on the WindowBeforeDoubleClick event. The event would have to determine
whether the selection is in a comment and act accordingly (open the pane).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org