Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sam Sam is offline

Default Email Merge with attachments problem

Hi Everyone

I'm having problems with my email merge - I currently use this method of
merging with attachments
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm and I haven't
had any problems with it, however lately when I try and run the Macro its
like it gets stuck in an infinate loop and I have to terminate the program to
get it to stop.

It seems to send the first email and then it sends a second email with this
sort of garbage

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Are you saying that the

are not in the mailmerge data source being used for the exercise, but are
addresses from your Outlook contact list?

I don't think that I can tell without being on the spot what the problem is,
but I do know that everything has to be EXACT for it to work properly.
Unfortunately, it is probably a case of "overlooking the obvious", though
some recent update to your system may be causing it. Can you restore your
system to a point at which it last worked and try it?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sam" wrote in message
Hi Everyone

I'm having problems with my email merge - I currently use this method of
merging with attachments
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm and I haven't
had any problems with it, however lately when I try and run the Macro its
like it gets stuck in an infinate loop and I have to terminate the program
get it to stop.

It seems to send the first email and then it sends a second email with
this
sort of garbage

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sam Sam is offline

Hi Doug

I can't do anything with my system its a work computer so its completely
locked down.

Those email address are in my data source but instead of sending them my
email with the attachment the 2nd email address in the source is sent an
email listing all the remaining contacts and the directory where the
attachment is. I put an example of how the email looks in my first post. Its
weird because the first email sends fine.

Sam.