Steve J

Default Document management issue

Hi, well I assume that it is a mangement issue.

I have approx 60, 150 page documents that I have to reformat into a
different style. Each document has about 50 different styles - the same
ones appear across the whole set of documents.

Need some advise on the best way to reformat the document in that we weant
to change the layout (marings fonts etc) and the styles.

Is there anyway I can apply a template to a document rather than a document
to a template, or is iot better to go through each document changing the
styles individually.

any help much appreciated

Tks

Daiya Mitchell

Create a new template with your preferred settings.

Then you can Attach that template to the old documents, and the styles will
pick up the new definitions, as long as you have checked "automatically
update styles" in the Tools | Templates and Add-ins dialog (which you will
probably then want to go back and uncheck).

Or, you can Insert File into new blank documents based on the new template,
and the styles will pick up the new definitions, plus new margins,
watermarks, etc.

The Insert | File method is required for margin/layout changes--fonts are
part of styles and Attaching the template will handle that.

Run a couple tests and see which method works best for you, and then you can
probably get help writing a macro that makes it easier to do the other 60.

On 5/11/05 8:15 AM, "Steve J" wrote:

Hi, well I assume that it is a mangement issue.

I have approx 60, 150 page documents that I have to reformat into a
different style. Each document has about 50 different styles - the same
ones appear across the whole set of documents.

Need some advise on the best way to reformat the document in that we weant
to change the layout (marings fonts etc) and the styles.

Is there anyway I can apply a template to a document rather than a document
to a template, or is iot better to go through each document changing the
styles individually.

any help much appreciated

Tks

Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word