Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erik Erik is offline

Default Office 2007 Mouse wheel scrolling issue

I have looked through the MS newsgroups and have seen at least a million
other people complaining about this issue, however all of the solutions
provided have either not been feasible or have not worked.

To start with, we're running 2007 std on most of our computers and 2007 pro
on a few (mine being one with pro).

Our mice are run-of-the-mill IBM/Lenovo optical mice (they come with the
computer). There are no new drivers available to download, and we cannot buy
almost 250 new mice.

To troubleshoot I have:
-Gone into the device manager and searching for other driver files (there
were two available, neither worked)
-Gone into the device manager, right-clicked on the mouse, completely
uninstalled the device, then unplugged and plugged it back in to reinstall
the device
-Searched the IBM website for driver updates
-Searched Microsoft Update for updates
-Read through every forum and article I could find relating to this issue
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erik Erik is offline

UPDATE:

By deleting the program "Mouse Suite" the problem was resolved... ships
standard with most IBM machines.