Marta Santo

Default Mail Merge

"Word could not re-establish a DDE connection to Microsoft Excel to complete
current task" appears when I try and open data source during a mail merge.
CyberTaz

Hello-

The message suggests that the XL file has either been moved/renamed/deleted
or that XL is not installed on the system you're working from. Correcting the
situation should resolve the problem.

Regards |:)

"Marta Santo" wrote:

"Word could not re-establish a DDE connection to Microsoft Excel to complete
current task" appears when I try and open data source during a mail merge.

garfield-n-odie

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=198299 "You receive a
'Word could not re-establish a DDE connection to Microsoft Excel'
error message when you attach a Microsoft Excel worksheet as a
mail-merge data source in Word 2000".