Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve

Default Margin gutters in landscape orientation

Ref. MS-Word 2003

I am making a document with many pages, all in landscape orientation.
Both sides of each sheet will be printed (duplex printing).
The document will be spiral bound at the long edge of the sheets (at top off
odd numbered pages and, therefore at bottom of even numbered).
When an odd numbered page is turned over/up, the text on the next page (even
#) (back side of odd) will be orientated in the same direction without
turning the book upside down.
For the spiral binding, I want a 0.5" TOP gutter/offset on the odd numbered
pages and a 0.5" BOTTOM gutter/offset on the even numbered pages.
I cannot determine how to do this. Your instructions will be most
appreciated. Thanks.

--
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is an issue that Word unfortunately doesn't understand, so you have to
do it yourself manually. On the Layout tab of Page Setup, check the box for
"Different odd and even." Then add some Space After to the text (or empty
paragraph) in the Odd Page Header and some Space Before to the Even Page
Footer paragraph. You'll need to experiment to get the amount required to
push the top margin down and the bottom up half an inch (18 points).