Tomas

Default How to connect rows wich are separated by ENTER

I have document with hundreds pages. Each sentance has separate row (each
sentance was finished by ENTER) and text is not continuous. Is there anybody
who know how to conect text easily?

Thank you
--
Tomas

Carol

Hello Tomas,

Use Ctrl + F for find and click on Special and then select manual line break
and then replace it with one or two spaces or whatever you like. Tell it to
replace all and that should take care of your problem. I hope this has been
helpful to you.

"Tomas" wrote:

I have document with hundreds pages. Each sentance has separate row (each
sentance was finished by ENTER) and text is not continuous. Is there anybody
who know how to conect text easily?

Thank you
--
Tomas

Ann Scharpf

Tomas:

Do you have DOUBLE returns between paragraphs? If you have double returns
between paragraphs, here is what I would do.

1. COPY the document and work on the copy.
2. Edit Replace and use the following strings
Find what = ^p^p
(that's shift-6 immediately followed by a LOWERCASE
"p"
Replace with = *****

This will insert a string of five asterisks at every location where a new
paragraph should start.

3. Edit Replace again
Find what = ^p
Replace with =
(press the space bar one or two times, depending on your preference for
ending sentences. You won't see anything on the screen but it is really
there.)

This second replace will have the alarming effect of making your whole
document into one big paragraph. It is TEMPORARY.

4. Edit Replace
Find what = *****
Replace with = ^p

This replace will find all the places where you put the asterisk
placeholders and will insert a paragraph feed.

If you don't remember the ^p thing, you also can click the More button on
the replace dialog box and then click the Special button. There are all
kinds of things you can replace to clean up a document.