Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ricardo ricardo is offline

Default Mail Merge for Binder Covers - Only want so many pages

Hi,

Currently have a mail merge set up to allow me to create folder and spine
covers. (Pieces of paper you slip into the front and side of a binder).
Basically, I select which set of information I want by using the next record
function and then print off a set of pages which I have already preformatted
with the basic words I want, for example.

[Folder Title]

[Date]

Folio 1

The ones with [] are the merge fields. The problem is, that I only have a
set number of pages made up with the merge fields in, and if I required say 4
covers instead of 3 I would have to make up a brand new page and insert the
merge fields.

My question is, is it possible for Word and/or mail merge to generate a
number of pages of a certain template (the folio cover) with the merge fields
already filled in from my information. So, if I was to say need 4 covers and
4 spines for the folders, I could tell it that I wanted 4 and it would
generate from 1 template/page I had already set up, and use my merge
information at the same time?

Or am I thinking of another program?

Regards,

Ricardo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you execute the merge to a new document, you can print as many copies of
the whole document or of individual pages of it as you want.

Probably, you should only have one set of each type of page set up in your
main document.

Of course there are ways of doing it other than using mail merge, but if
that is what you are comfortable with, then stick to it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

mail merge +pages slatrat Mailmerge 1 August 11th 06 05:53 PM
3 ring binder pages strayone Page Layout 1 August 8th 06 04:52 PM
4 pages on 1 8.5 x 11 page. Used in six hold binder. Poco for booklets Page Layout 1 July 15th 06 11:34 AM
collate pages in mail merge vs mail merge being single document Dan Schwab Mailmerge 2 September 14th 05 09:35 PM
Mail Merge Pages lepricon Mailmerge 1 December 1st 04 10:20 PM