Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
B.Horlings

Default Word 2007: Tablet Insert

I just bought a tablet and loaded office 2007. I love it but the only problem
is that the insert doesn't work in Word or Excel from the input panel. Has
anyone else had this problem, how do you fix it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Can you describe the steps you are following and what exactly doesn't
work?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"B.Horlings" wrote in message
:

I just bought a tablet and loaded office 2007. I love it but the only problem
is that the insert doesn't work in Word or Excel from the input panel. Has
anyone else had this problem, how do you fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
B.Horlings

I start a new word doc. Then I click where I want the text to go. Then I
bring up the input panel and I write in the text I want to insert and then
press the insert button. The text goes away but does not get entered into
word.

"B.Horlings" wrote in message
:

I just bought a tablet and loaded office 2007. I love it but the only problem
is that the insert doesn't work in Word or Excel from the input panel. Has
anyone else had this problem, how do you fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

It works fine here.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

"B.Horlings" wrote in message
:

I just bought a tablet and loaded office 2007. I love it but the only problem
is that the insert doesn't work in Word or Excel from the input panel. Has
anyone else had this problem, how do you fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
B.Horlings

Would it have anything to do with the version? I set my default to save as
97-2003. Do you have any suggestions? I did not receive any errors during the
install and it works in other things like IE, OneNote, Notepad, Wordpad and
such.

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

It works fine here.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

"B.Horlings" wrote in message
:

I just bought a tablet and loaded office 2007. I love it but the only problem
is that the insert doesn't work in Word or Excel from the input panel. Has
anyone else had this problem, how do you fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Have you tried Outlook, Excel and PPT already?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"B.Horlings" wrote in message
:

Would it have anything to do with the version? I set my default to save as
97-2003. Do you have any suggestions? I did not receive any errors during the
install and it works in other things like IE, OneNote, Notepad, Wordpad and
such.

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

It works fine here.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

"B.Horlings" wrote in message
:

I just bought a tablet and loaded office 2007. I love it but the only problem
is that the insert doesn't work in Word or Excel from the input panel. Has
anyone else had this problem, how do you fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
B.Horlings

Yes, I have. I found the start inking under review but I want it to ink by
default so that I can just write in and have text entered. Am I
misunderstanding how it is supposed to work?

"B.Horlings" wrote:

Would it have anything to do with the version? I set my default to save as
97-2003. Do you have any suggestions? I did not receive any errors during the
install and it works in other things like IE, OneNote, Notepad, Wordpad and
such.

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

It works fine here.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

"B.Horlings" wrote in message
:

I just bought a tablet and loaded office 2007. I love it but the only problem
is that the insert doesn't work in Word or Excel from the input panel. Has
anyone else had this problem, how do you fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

No, you are not misunderstanding something. Does it work in Excel,
Outlook, PPT?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

"B.Horlings" wrote:

Would it have anything to do with the version? I set my default to save as
97-2003. Do you have any suggestions? I did not receive any errors during the
install and it works in other things like IE, OneNote, Notepad, Wordpad and
such.

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

It works fine here.

Patrick Schmid