Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
westham66 westham66 is offline

Default What is the maximum amount of pages in word 03

can someone please tell me what is the maximus nuber of pages you can get in
word 2003? my classmates and i are very curious about it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

There is no page limit. The maximum document file size re Word 2003 is 32 MB
excluding graphics. You may find the following KB article interesting:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211489/en-us

I routinely create documents of of 15 to 18 MB but I never edit them because
of concerns about document corruption, which though rare can be traumatic. I
break it up into individual documents less than 3 MB each and combine them
with a simple macro. Whatever approach you take, backup often.

"westham66" wrote:

can someone please tell me what is the maximus nuber of pages you can get in
word 2003? my classmates and i are very curious about it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber Helmut Weber is offline

Hi,

can someone please tell me what is the maximus nuber of pages you can get in
word 2003? my classmates and i are very curious about it.

there are no pages at all in a Word document,
either they are calculated on the fly, depending
above all on the printer, papersize and paperformat,
font size and other parameters,
or the pages are "in a way created" due to page break characters.

That means they are *nothing* between pagebreaks.

Then, as a document may contain nothing but page breaks,
the question would be, how many characters can a Word doc hold,
Which in turn depends on the Word-Version.

The last figure I've heard about was 32 MByte (Word 2003),
but I am not sure about it,
which would be about 32,000,000 pages,
minus some overhead, which means,
minus the bytes og the smallest Word-Document
(approx. 24 KB, Word 2003).

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

"westham66" wrote

can someone please tell me what is the maximus nuber of pages you can get
in
word 2003? my classmates and i are very curious about it.

Define "page".

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Ha ha - even Word doesn't do that. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Opinicus" wrote in message
"westham66" wrote

can someone please tell me what is the maximus nuber of pages you can get
in
word 2003? my classmates and i are very curious about it.

Define "page".

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

"JoAnn Paules" wrote

"westham66" wrote
can someone please tell me what is the maximus nuber of pages you can
get in
word 2003? my classmates and i are very curious about it.

Define "page".

Ha ha - even Word doesn't do that. ;-)

Nobody does. Yet it really irks me that in this day and age so many people
still keep thinking in terms of "page". I'm constantly asked by potential
clients "What do you charge per page?" And all I can do is look blankly at
them and ask "What do you mean by 'page'?"

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Opinicus wrote:
"JoAnn Paules" wrote

"westham66" wrote

can someone please tell me what is the maximus nuber of pages you can
get in
word 2003? my classmates and i are very curious about it.

Define "page".

Ha ha - even Word doesn't do that. ;-)

Nobody does. Yet it really irks me that in this day and age so many people
still keep thinking in terms of "page". I'm constantly asked by potential
clients "What do you charge per page?" And all I can do is look blankly at
them and ask "What do you mean by 'page'?"

Word Doesn't Know What a Page Is
http://word.mvps.org/Mac/PagesInWord.html