Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam Pam is offline

Default dictionary trouble

I've looked at all these previous post and can't find MY problem. I'm in US
and when I'm typing in WORD, words that are known spelled correctly are
underlined and wants me to change it to English UK. When I type "color" it
wants to correct me with "colour" (neighborhood/neighbourhood). I don't
think my professor wants the Kings english. How can I set the dictionary to
American spelled words? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Pam wrote:
I've looked at all these previous post and can't find MY problem.
I'm in US and when I'm typing in WORD, words that are known spelled
correctly are underlined and wants me to change it to English UK.
When I type "color" it wants to correct me with "colour"
(neighborhood/neighbourhood). I don't think my professor wants the
Kings english. How can I set the dictionary to American spelled
words? Thanks in advance.

And it's the Queen's English these days - has been for a VERY long time :-)

Mary

TOC Trouble stephaj Page Layout 2 April 10th 08 04:59 AM
Change the dictionary to Collins Gage Canadian Dictionary Adri Microsoft Word Help 2 March 15th 08 05:18 PM
How can I make Word use the UK dictionary not the US dictionary Alison Microsoft Word Help 2 December 20th 07 01:32 PM
Trouble in ATL Ronin Microsoft Word Help 2 October 27th 07 02:55 PM
Please help! Tab trouble! Gaylin Page Layout 1 September 18th 07 11:36 AM