Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Char Char is offline

Default How to hide the default 0.00 in a calculation field of a word form

My apologies if this is a dumb question but I have an invoice template that
I'm setting up as a fill-in form to do a pretty basic calculation
(qty*amount=total). The qty and amt fields are fine, as far as I can tell,
but the total fields are all showing the $0.00 even w/o any calculations.
This is due, I suspect to the use of the =product(a2,c2) formula since
removing it removes the auto-text.

Is there a way to have the above not show unless there is, in fact, a
calculation being done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Char,

You can supress the 0 display, but this will affect calculations that should evaluate to 0 (eg 10*0=0). To achieve the supression,
simply add a ';' to the end of the calculation field's number format. For example, you could change:
to:

--
Cheers
macropod