Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Robin Robin is offline

Default MailMerge One Field Ignored/Other Fields \f Switches Ignored

Hello,

In Word/Access 2003 I have a Mail Merge document which pulls from a query in
Access. The query has the fields Company, Address, City, State, Zip, CType

1. Company thru Zip pull from Access fine, but CType does not show up when
I merge the docs. The CType field shows up properly in the "recipient list"
before merging. There are no "blanks" in that field. Because CType is a
computed field I tried changing the default data source in the
Tools|Options|General|Confirm... No effect. I made a table from the query
and tried linking directly to the table. No effect. I created a Word
document from the query and linked to that table. No effect. I don't know
what else to try! Help!

2. In the same document when I use City and follow it with a ", " and State
and follow it with a " " it ignores thos and runs CityStateZip all together.
THIS OCCURS WHETHER I USE THE \f SWITCH OR JUST AS TEXT IN THE DOCUMENT!

I'm frustrated! Can any one help?

Thanks you,
Robin