Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Sowell Ed Sowell is offline

Default Office button closes Word 2007

All of a sudden Word 2007 closes when I click the Office button. So, if
I want to do a Save as or something I click on the Office button hoping to
get the Files menu and wham, no more Word!

What's going on? How do I fix it?

TIA

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Ed,

It is supposed to close the application if you "doubleclick" it. Are you
sure you are applying 1 click and 1 click only, or is there a possiblity
that you have set your mouse up that one click produces a doubleclick?

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Sowell Ed Sowell is offline

Greg,

You're right, it is a mouse issue. I found that sometimes it works and
sometimes it doesn't. Windows Explorer is the same way... sometimes a click
would expand a directory, sometimes not. With either Word or WE holding the
mouse button for a bit got the wanted response. I increased the speed for a
double-click in the Mouse setup and it works better now.

Thanks!

Ed

Ed Sowell wrote:
All of a sudden Word 2007 closes when I click the Office button.
So, if I want to do a Save as or something I click on the Office
button hoping to get the Files menu and wham, no more Word!

What's going on? How do I fix it?

TIA

Ed

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org

Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

The Central Processing Unit (CPU) socket is a critical component that houses the CPU, which acts as the brain of the computer. Different CPUs require specific socket types, so it's essential to choose a compatible motherboard for your chosen CPU. my company