Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
He cries for help He cries for help is offline

Default brackets on word page and freezing arrows and tex5 boxes

1. I have backward "L" brackets on each corner of my word docs, how can i get
rid of them?

2. I have a document Iam working on that is ten pages long, there are screen
shots
on every page that have text boxes and arrows overlayed on the shots. Is
there a way to freeze these to the shot so I dont have to constantly
reposition them when I
need to move the screen shot?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Crying,

What version of Word?

===========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Apr 13, 11:30*am, He cries for help
wrote:
1. I have backward "L" brackets on each corner of my word docs, how can i get
rid of them?

Uninstall whatever "complex fonts" you have (Arabic, Japanese,
whatever)

2. I have a document Iam working on that is ten pages long, there are screen
shots
on every page that have text boxes and arrows overlayed on the shots. Is
there a way to freeze these to the shot so I dont have to constantly
reposition them when I
need to move the screen shot?

Can you Group all the graphic items? Presumably different in 2007, but
in Word2003 the first item on the Drawing toolbar is a drop-down list,
and if you've selected several items (the image, the arrows, the text
boxes), the Group option will be available. Click that, and the whole
complex becomes a single graphic item.