Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenda from Michigan Brenda from Michigan is offline

Default View Form from 2007

User has Word 2003 SP3

He has a form loaded on the web the public completes and returns. The
problem is the form is all skewed when it is viewed from Word 2007.
Changing Views in 2007 makes some difference, but it is not acceptable. We
don't know what to tell the public to do to use our forms. Help! TIA...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Can you give a more precise description of "all skewed"?

http://word.mvps.org

"Brenda from Michigan" wrote
in message ...
User has Word 2003 SP3

He has a form loaded on the web the public completes and returns. The
problem is the form is all skewed when it is viewed from Word 2007.
Changing Views in 2007 makes some difference, but it is not acceptable.
We
don't know what to tell the public to do to use our forms. Help! TIA...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Or post the link so we can see the problem for ourselves?

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Can you give a more precise description of "all skewed"?

"Brenda from Michigan"
wrote in message
User has Word 2003 SP3

He has a form loaded on the web the public completes and returns. The
problem is the form is all skewed when it is viewed from Word
2007. Changing Views in 2007 makes some difference, but it is not
acceptable. We
don't know what to tell the public to do to use our forms. Help! TIA...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenda from Michigan Brenda from Michigan is offline

Here's the link:
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/de...6_225251_7.doc

wrote in message
User has Word 2003 SP3

He has a form loaded on the web the public completes and returns. The
problem is the form is all skewed when it is viewed from Word
2007. Changing Views in 2007 makes some difference, but it is not
acceptable. We
don't know what to tell the public to do to use our forms. Help! TIA...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenda from Michigan Brenda from Michigan is offline

Our problem is that we do not have Office 2007 in our organization. Our
clients who are using Office 2007 cannot properly see and complete our Word
forms on the web. I am not able to remote in to anyone to actually see what
they see to provide a better description.

wrote in message
User has Word 2003 SP3

He has a form loaded on the web the public completes and returns. The
problem is the form is all skewed when it is viewed from Word
2007. Changing Views in 2007 makes some difference, but it is not
acceptable. We
don't know what to tell the public to do to use our forms. Help! TIA...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

When that document is viewed in Word 2007, there is a text box that contains
the text part of section VI, overlaying and obscuring part of section V. The
text box has a red dashed-line outline.

It isn't visible in Word 2003, possibly because it's outside the page area.
Using a macro in Word 2003, I can determine that the text box is present,
but I can't find out anything else about it because the form is locked with
a password. Using Insert File in a blank document to bring in the form, I
can then see the text box and delete it; but the margins and some other
settings are now wrong.

If you have full access to the original form document, unlock it and delete
the text box. The result should work perfectly in both versions of Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote in message
User has Word 2003 SP3

He has a form loaded on the web the public completes and returns.
The problem is the form is all skewed when it is viewed from Word
2007. Changing Views in 2007 makes some difference, but it is not
acceptable. We
don't know what to tell the public to do to use our forms. Help!
TIA...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenda from Michigan Brenda from Michigan is offline

Thanks for this terrific information. I've passed along to the client. Once
the form is corrected, he needs to check it from his own personal Word 2007
from home, so I suspect it may take several days before I hear back from him.

It's good to know the problem is in the document assembly and not an
inherent incompatibility between 2003 and 2007. Thank you!!!

wrote in message
User has Word 2003 SP3

He has a form loaded on the web the public completes and returns.
The problem is the form is all skewed when it is viewed from Word
2007. Changing Views in 2007 makes some difference, but it is not
acceptable. We
don't know what to tell the public to do to use our forms. Help!
TIA...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenda from Michigan Brenda from Michigan is offline

Thanks for your right-on diagnosis. The user reported they were able to fix
the document and now it is working perfectly.

Thank you!!!!

wrote in message
User has Word 2003 SP3

He has a form loaded on the web the public completes and returns.
The problem is the form is all skewed when it is viewed from Word
2007. Changing Views in 2007 makes some difference, but it is not
acceptable. We
don't know what to tell the public to do to use our forms. Help!
TIA...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You're quite welcome.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

When that document is viewed in Word 2007, there is a text box that
contains the text part of section VI, overlaying and obscuring part
of section V. The text box has a red dashed-line outline.

It isn't visible in Word 2003, possibly because it's outside the
page area. Using a macro in Word 2003, I can determine that the text
box is present, but I can't find out anything else about it because
the form is locked with a password. Using Insert File in a blank
document to bring in the form, I can then see the text box and
delete it; but the margins and some other settings are now wrong.

If you have full access to the original form document, unlock it and
delete the text box. The result should work perfectly in both
versions of Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman