Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
markvi

Default Visual Basic question: end of Page

I'm new to Visual Basic. I am curious as to why there are document elements
for words, paragraphs & sections but not for pages.

Within a multi-page document, I am trying to select text from a point midway
down a page to the end of the page (the number of paragraphs is variable on
each page) in order to reformat that portion of each page.

Any suggestions?
--
- markvi
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed

Record a macro like this:
Click once where you are going to start your selection
Start the macro recorder;
give the macro a name you will associate with this process
Insert a bookmark called "StartSel"
CTRL+G (which is GotTo), Page, click Next, click Close
Press left arrow key once
Insert a bookmark called "EndSel"
Close the macro recorder

Now press ALT+F8, highlight the macro you just recorded, and click Edit.
Just under the first line ("Sub YourMacro()"), type:
Dim myRange As Range

Copy the following lines from this post:
Set myRange = ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("StartSel").Range
myRange.SetRange _
myRange.Start, _
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("EndSel").Range.End
myRange.Select

Paste these into the macro just above End Sub.

HTH
Ed

"markvi" wrote in message
I'm new to Visual Basic. I am curious as to why there are document

elements
for words, paragraphs & sections but not for pages.

Within a multi-page document, I am trying to select text from a point

midway
down a page to the end of the page (the number of paragraphs is variable

on
each page) in order to reformat that portion of each page.

Any suggestions?
--
- markvi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

For great how-to tips and general programming information, check out the Word
programming forum in the Office Discussion Groups community.
--
Kevin Backmann

"markvi" wrote:

I'm new to Visual Basic. I am curious as to why there are document elements
for words, paragraphs & sections but not for pages.

Within a multi-page document, I am trying to select text from a point midway
down a page to the end of the page (the number of paragraphs is variable on
each page) in order to reformat that portion of each page.

Any suggestions?
--
- markvi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hi Mark -

The simplest & most direct answer to your question is that 'pages' actually
_do not_
exist in a Word document. It simply tries to give the user an idea of how
many sheets of paper will be required to print the "words, paragraphs &
sections" the file does contain based on the specifications for margin
settings, line spacing, paper size, etc. If you change any of those settings,
the content reflows & may very well require a different number of 'sheets'.

HTH |:)

"markvi" wrote:

I'm new to Visual Basic. I am curious as to why there are document elements
for words, paragraphs & sections but not for pages.

Within a multi-page document, I am trying to select text from a point midway
down a page to the end of the page (the number of paragraphs is variable on
each page) in order to reformat that portion of each page.

Any suggestions?
--
- markvi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
markvi

Gee that looks easy.(?) Thanks for the solution & all the effort. I will give
it a try when I have time.
--
- markvi