How do I stop the annoying cut and paste clipboard?

Old July 25th 05, 09:56 AM
Pank

Default How do I stop the annoying cut and paste clipboard?

I tend to do a lot of cutting and pasting from one application to another. As
I cut and paste I keep getting the Clipboard. Is there a way to disable this
Clipboard from showing up?

Regards

Pank
Old July 25th 05, 10:08 AM
Shauna Kelly

Hi Pank

From the Help files for Word 2003:

"Turn off the Office Clipboard

On the Clipboard task pane (task pane: A window within an Office application
that provides commonly used commands. Its location and small size allow you
to use these commands while still working on your files.), click Options.

Clear the Show Office Clipboard Automatically check box.

Clear the Show Office Clipboard When Ctrl+C Pressed Twice check box.

Note To copy items to the Clipboard while it is turned off, select the
Collect Without Showing Office Clipboard check box."

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

Old July 25th 05, 11:03 AM
Pank

Hi Shauna,

Firstly thanks for your advise. However, I am using 2000 and not 2003 and
therefore do not get the options you mention.

Any ideas how to switch off in 2000?

Pank

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Pank

From the Help files for Word 2003:

Old July 25th 05, 12:23 PM
Pank

Hi Jezebel,

When the Clipboard comes up I close it down. Unfortunately, when I try
copying and pasting again it pops up. I want to disable it so it does not
come up again.

Regards

Pank

"Jezebel" wrote:

Disable it.

Old July 25th 05, 01:52 PM
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Pank,

You can modify the registry to stop the clipboard in
Office 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default...us;207438&FR=1
or you can use the Accessibility options in the control panel to
turn on the 'show extra help' choice and then dock the Clipboard
toolbar in with the other Word clipboards (needs Word 2000 SR1 update)

=======

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Old July 25th 05, 11:17 PM
Adri

In Word Help it says "If you close the Clipboard toolbar three times in a row
without using Paste All or any of the item buttons, the Clipboard toolbar
will no longer appear automatically."

Is this what you mean by disabling it?
--
Adri

"Pank" wrote in message
Hi Jezebel,

When the Clipboard comes up I close it down. Unfortunately, when I try
copying and pasting again it pops up. I want to disable it so it does not
come up again.

Regards

Pank

"Jezebel" wrote:

Disable it.

Old July 26th 05, 08:47 AM
Pank

A big thank you to all who have offered various solutions.

Regards

Pank

"Pank" wrote in message
Hi Jezebel,

When the Clipboard comes up I close it down. Unfortunately, when I try
copying and pasting again it pops up. I want to disable it so it does not
come up again.

Regards

Pank

"Jezebel" wrote: