Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Franck V. Franck V. is offline

Default Word 2003/2007 mailmerge with Excel 2003/2007 limits

Hi Everyone,

A user of mine needs to use an Excel shhet with 11000 lines.
Word is unable to use the entire ducument to merge. He can only use extratcs
with 1500 lines max.

So is there someone to tell me what is the maxx size limit lines available
for Wordmerge (only text, no pictures)?

Thank you for Help
Regards

Franck V.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

So is there someone to tell me what is the maxx size limit lines
available
for Wordmerge (only text, no pictures)?

I do not think these limits are specified. In other words, the limit may
vary depending on a combination of factors including
a. the type of data source
b. the number of rows
c. the number of columns
d. the amount of data in each row
e. the size, and type of content, of the mail merge main document.
f. the amount of memory on your system and the type of merge you are
performing (e.g., the amount of memory and other resources that Word
consumes may differ depending on whether you are merging to a printer, a
new document or email. There is some evidence that Word, and MailMerge,
are both "leaky" as far as memory consumption is concerned.)

You may be able to identify which factors are more critical by, for
example,
- creating an extremely simple mail merge main document and seeing if
you are still limited to 1500 records,
- eliminating data source columns that are not needed for the merge
- trying a different data source

and so on. Other than that, I suspect it is a question of "what works,
works"

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 17/05/2010 15:41, Franck V. wrote:
Hi Everyone,

A user of mine needs to use an Excel shhet with 11000 lines.
Word is unable to use the entire ducument to merge. He can only use extratcs
with 1500 lines max.

So is there someone to tell me what is the maxx size limit lines available
for Wordmerge (only text, no pictures)?

Thank you for Help
Regards

Franck V.