glnz2 glnz2 is offline
Junior Member

Default ISO macro to make an index list of defined terms

Is there a free Word macro that will make (and later update) an index list of defined terms (words in "quote marks") in a document?

I suppose it would be like using Insert - Index and Tables - Index, but with the macro automatically marking each "defined term" in quote marks in the document and then making the Index, with each term on the left and a dot leader to the page number where it will be found.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello glnz

glnz2 wrote:
Is there a free Word macro that will make (and later update) an index
list of defined terms (words in "quote marks") in a document?

I suppose it would be like using Insert - Index and Tables - Index, but
with the macro automatically marking each "defined term" in quote marks
in the document and then making the Index, with each term on the left
and a dot leader to the page number where it will be found.

you can use a concordance file to automark basically whatever you like.
This will create the necessary XE fields that an INDEX field can then use.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports

glnz2 glnz2 is offline
Junior Member

Mr. Franz - Never did a concordance. How do I find it and use it for my purposes? Thanks, and Happy New Year.