Barb Reinhardt

Default Section Numbering in Merged File

I have a merged document in which I want to see

Page 1 of 13
Page 2 of 13

etc. on the bottom of the pages. When the merge is done, the page numbers
are Page 1 of 104, page 2 of 104, etc. How can I address this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

Anne Troy

Barb: Do this:

Type "Page "
Hit the Insert Page number button on the header/footer toolbar.
Type " of "
Hit Insert-Field, choose Numbering as the category, and SectionPages as the
field.
Right now, I think you're using a number of pages in the entire document,
and Word uses Section breaks to separate merged documents.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I have a merged document in which I want to see

Page 1 of 13
Page 2 of 13

etc. on the bottom of the pages. When the merge is done, the page

numbers
are Page 1 of 104, page 2 of 104, etc. How can I address this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

Barb Reinhardt

Thank you very much!