Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dorian C. Chalom Dorian C. Chalom is offline

Default Word Merge for an invoice

How do I go about creatig a word merge for an invoice?

Data file:

Account Number Name Address Transaction date Transaction
Description Transaction Amount
111 Joe 123 Apple 5/16/2010
Purchase 100.00
111 Joe 123 Apple 5/18/2010
Purchase 100.00
222 Sue 456 Orange 5/16/2010
Purchase 100.00

Please help! Deadline has passed for this assignment.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

There's an article at

http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm

that contains info. on this and references to other approaches.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 18/05/2010 17:03, Dorian C. Chalom wrote:
How do I go about creatig a word merge for an invoice?

Data file:

Account Number Name Address Transaction date Transaction
Description Transaction Amount
111 Joe 123 Apple 5/16/2010
Purchase 100.00
111 Joe 123 Apple 5/18/2010
Purchase 100.00
222 Sue 456 Orange 5/16/2010
Purchase 100.00

Please help! Deadline has passed for this assignment.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dorian C. Chalom Dorian C. Chalom is offline

No I am sorry that will not work...I hve too many fields on the "One" side
to make it work th need it to...

I am really getting frustrated and beat up over getting this to work.

Is there a template or something that I can make this work with?
I am trying to do this in VFP. Maybe I can do it easier with Access?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
There's an article at

http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm

that contains info. on this and references to other approaches.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 18/05/2010 17:03, Dorian C. Chalom wrote:
How do I go about creatig a word merge for an invoice?

Data file:

Account Number Name Address Transaction date Transaction
Description Transaction Amount
111 Joe 123 Apple 5/16/2010
Purchase 100.00
111 Joe 123 Apple 5/18/2010
Purchase 100.00
222 Sue 456 Orange 5/16/2010
Purchase 100.00

Please help! Deadline has passed for this assignment.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Another approach that is mentioned in the artcle I referred you to will
take you to macropod's tutorial at (I think)

http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107

I don't think that you will find a limitation on the number of fields in
the "One" side in that approach. However, there are other limitations
(in essence, they are limitations in Word) which may have a bearing on
what you want to do.

Maybe I can do it easier with Access?

If you are familiar with Access reporting, that may be your best bet, as
long as you can get at the data in your VFP tables. I can't point you to
any good examples myself, but another search for Access/Invoice might
find some useful articles.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Peter wrote in message
There's an article at

http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm

that contains info. on this and references to other approaches.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 18/05/2010 17:03, Dorian C. Chalom wrote:
How do I go about creatig a word merge for an invoice?

Data file:

Account Number Name Address Transaction date Transaction
Description Transaction Amount
111 Joe 123 Apple 5/16/2010
Purchase 100.00
111 Joe 123 Apple 5/18/2010
Purchase 100.00
222 Sue 456 Orange 5/16/2010
Purchase 100.00

Please help! Deadline has passed for this assignment.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The add-in can handle as many fields on the one side as are necessary. You
just need to pick one of them that is unique.

It can certainly handle Account Number, Name and Address and in your case,
you would pick the Account Number as the Key Field as that is the one that
would be unique. (You could have the same name with different account
numbers)

The One is not a reference to a side in any event. It comes from the
merging of Many records into One document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Dorian C. Chalom" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dorian C. Chalom Dorian C. Chalom is offline

And using the AddIn does the end user also must install the Add In? Or is
it just for the creater of the merge document?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The person who executes the merge needs to use the add-in. I am not sure if
that is who you mean by the end-user. To my mind the end-user of a mail
merge would be the person(s) who receive the output. The add-in can produce
the output in a number of ways:-

Word document
pdf document
In body of e-mail message
As Word document attached to e-mail message
As pdf document attached to e-mail message

Where an e-mail message is involved, those are automatically sent by the
add-in.