caleb

Default Macro Button Won't Stay on Toolbar

I'm running Word 2003 and trying to create a macro and put the button on the
toolbar.

I used the "record macro" feature to make a very simple macro.

Then I tried to put the macro on the toolbar and make it accessible using a
button. I used the Tools/customize/clicked on commands button and found
MACRO/then dragged the macro I'd created up to the toolbar. While this window
was still open, I right clicked on the macro (while it's on the toolbar I
mean) and selected "default style" then I right clicked on it again and
clicked "change button image" and selected the face I want. Then I closed the
customize window.

But when I close Word, and then re-open word, the macro button is no longer
on the toolbar.

I thought it might be because I'd assigned the macro only to the blank
document I had open, but the HELP section said it defaults to the normal.dot
location. I did another simple macro to verify and it does indeed. In "store
macro in" block it defaults to "All Documents (Normal.dot)". So I've
eliminated that possiblity.

Does anybody have any ideas as to why the button won't remain on the toolbar?
CyberTaz

Hi Caleb-

Sounds like you did everything right, but which toolbar did you put the
button on?

If on the Standard or Formatting bar, it may simply be that your custom
button is hung up in the 'overflow' repository of less frequently used
buttons if you have both bars displayed on a single row. Have you tried
clicking the "More Buttons" icon at the end of the toolbar to see if yours is
there?

Regards |:)