how to close internet with keyboard

Old January 10th 07, 07:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gyptrache

Default how to close internet with keyboard

my remote mouse malfunctions occasionally and i can close the open word files
with ctrl f4, but i have several files open, and if i have the intenet open,
the site i was visiting comes up after-say- half the files are closed and i
cant close the internet site and therefore i cant get to the still open word
files what keys can i push to close the internet site so i can get to the
last files?
Old January 10th 07, 07:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sammy

Try Ctrl-Alt-Del
Tab to "task manager"

Old January 10th 07, 08:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gyptrache

thank you-but when i hit delete, a box came up and warned of 'system
instability' which sounds ominous. should i be concerned that it will mess up
my system, or is it simply warning me that...well...what? do you know? this
is important to my writing, so i hope you can help me further. thanks again.

"Sammy" wrote:

Try Ctrl-Alt-Del
Tab to "task manager"

Old January 10th 07, 08:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sammy

When you hit Ctrl-Alt-Del simultaneously, you should get a popup window that
says something about Windows Security. I've not seen that error.

"gyptrache" wrote:

thank you-but when i hit delete, a box came up and warned of 'system
instability' which sounds ominous. should i be concerned that it will mess up
my system, or is it simply warning me that...well...what? do you know? this
is important to my writing, so i hope you can help me further. thanks again.

"Sammy" wrote:

Try Ctrl-Alt-Del
Tab to "task manager"

Old January 11th 07, 07:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

My Bluetooth mouse (and keyboard) sometimes malfunction, particularly when
using Google Earth. The solution is to pull the dongle from the USB port,
leave it a few seconds then plug it back in.
Alt+F4 will close the current application.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org