Word hangs when trying to format

Old January 10th 07, 11:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scotty

Default Word hangs when trying to format

Word 2003 (also powerpoint but not Excel) hangs when I try to change font and
needs to be shut down via the task manager. All other functions seem to be OK
and Excel works fine with changing font.

I have deleted the normal.dot file in case it was corrupted.

Any other suggestions
Old January 11th 07, 06:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Repair Office - update or reinstall the printer driver then with Word and
Outlook closed, see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

scotty wrote:
Word 2003 (also powerpoint but not Excel) hangs when I try to change
font and needs to be shut down via the task manager. All other
functions seem to be OK and Excel works fine with changing font.

I have deleted the normal.dot file in case it was corrupted.

Any other suggestions

How to put graphics on envelopes? Steve Koenig Microsoft Word Help 20 September 14th 07 04:40 PM
Why can't I get Multiple instances of word? Laverne Microsoft Word Help 14 November 17th 06 01:35 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Word 97 in Windows XP to maintain formatting Charlie''s Word VBA questions Microsoft Word Help 21 October 24th 05 09:49 PM