Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Dave is offline

Default word copy and paste problem

I am running Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP on my desk top computer, and
have been performing the following copy and paste procedure for years.

In the last several weeks I have been unable to paste text copied from an
E-mail message into a WORD document. The process I use involves high-lighting
text in an E-mail message, and copying (Crtl C) the text, opening MS WORD
from the Microsoft Office Tool Bar, and pasting (Ctrl V) the copied text into
the WORD document. When I do this the €śhour glass€ť will go forever and the
text never appears in the WORD document.

When I opened the Windows Task Manager ((Ctrl-Alt-Delete), it shows two WORD
documents both showing a status of NOT RESPONDING. One WORD document has the
standard WORD logo, €śW€ť in a large square, and the other WORD document was a
smaller €śW€ť in a smaller square superimpose over and in the upper left hand
corner of a large square.

I did a €śSystem Restore€ť on the computer, going back several weeks before
experiencing the above problem. I uninstalled Microsoft Office, by clicking
on Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs. I then reinstalled Microsoft Office
XP from a MS CD disc. Still couldnt copy E-mail message and paste into a
WORD document.

I copied E-mail text and opened MS WORD from the Microsoft Office Tool Bar.
Then selected €śPaste Special€ť. Paste special window comes-up with HTML high
lighted. Only way I could get E-mail text pasted into the WORD Document was
to select either €śFORMATTED TEXT (RFT), UNFORMATTED TEXT or UNFORMATTED
UNICODE TEXT from the €śPast Special€ť window, but selecting HTML would not
work. I could also copy E-mail text and paste into an EXCEL spreadsheet or
Notepad without having to use Paste Special.

Any guidance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

--
Dave N.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm especially in
relation to the normal template and add-ins.

Dave wrote:
I am running Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP on my desk top
computer, and have been performing the following copy and paste
procedure for years.

In the last several weeks I have been unable to paste text copied
from an E-mail message into a WORD document. The process I use
involves high-lighting text in an E-mail message, and copying (Crtl
C) the text, opening MS WORD from the Microsoft Office Tool Bar, and
pasting (Ctrl V) the copied text into the WORD document. When I do
this the "hour glass" will go forever and the text never appears in
the WORD document.

When I opened the Windows Task Manager ((Ctrl-Alt-Delete), it shows
two WORD documents both showing a status of NOT RESPONDING. One WORD
document has the standard WORD logo, "W" in a large square, and the
other WORD document was a smaller "W" in a smaller square superimpose
over and in the upper left hand corner of a large square.

I did a "System Restore" on the computer, going back several weeks
before experiencing the above problem. I uninstalled Microsoft
Office, by clicking on Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs. I then
reinstalled Microsoft Office XP from a MS CD disc. Still couldn't
copy E-mail message and paste into a WORD document.

I copied E-mail text and opened MS WORD from the Microsoft Office
Tool Bar. Then selected "Paste Special". Paste special window
comes-up with HTML high lighted. Only way I could get E-mail text
pasted into the WORD Document was to select either "FORMATTED TEXT
(RFT), UNFORMATTED TEXT or UNFORMATTED UNICODE TEXT from the "Past
Special" window, but selecting HTML would not work. I could also
copy E-mail text and paste into an EXCEL spreadsheet or Notepad
without having to use Paste Special.

Any guidance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Dave is offline

Thanks for the quick response, but I was unable to find anything addressing
my problem in the first hyperlink you provided and I have tried several times
on different day to open the second hyperlink, but it won't.
--
Dave N.