Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
walter walter is offline

Default What is this feature called

I am using Word 2007, just recently installed it.

When I type a letter with several paragraphs, Word shows the first line of a
paragraph in full, but the second and subsequent lines are set back
(indented?) by seven character spaces on the left side. What is this feature
called and how do I eliminate it? I want every line to start at the left of
the page, not set back.

The paragraphs in my letter started off OK but, all on a sudden, Word
started to set back the second and subsequent lines. What did I do?

Thank you
--
www.rationality.net

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,

[Word 2007]

Word shows the first line of a paragraph in full, but the second and
subsequent
lines are set back (indented?) by seven character spaces on the left
side. What is this feature called

Hanging Indent.

and how do I eliminate it? I want every line to start at the left of
the page, not set back.

For example, have a look at these articles:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/wo...010016528.aspx
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...07-paragr.html
http://myweb.wssu.edu/wallr/hanging_indent.htm
http://pcmcourseware.com/blog/2009/0...ndent-in-word/
http://www.doztech.net/microsoftoffi...ent-word-2007/

all on a sudden, Word started to set back the second and subsequent
lines. What did I do?

Maybe, you used a shortcut key:
http://www.infopackets.com/news/caro...ut_ms_word.htm

--
Cheers,
Lisa [MS MVP Word]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
walter walter is offline

Thank you, Lisa, you were very helpful! I wish I could be as knowledgable
about Word as you are. This thing is unbelievably complex.

"Lisa Wilke-Thissen" wrote in message
Hi,

[Word 2007]