Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default wheel scrolling vs. cursor movement

I have been accustomed to scrolling up or down a long document with
the scroll bar elevator or with the mouse wheel -- just to be able to
check an earlier passage without going through all the Find typing --
and then touching the left or right arrow key to get right back to my
place.

But now, after reinstalling Office2003 thanks to a trojan, I find that
when I scroll, the cursor tags along and shows up on the bottom line
of the new screen display. This is most annoying!

I don't think I've ever altered any setting relevant to this; is there
something I can do about it? (Shift-F5 doesn't seem to be aware of the
problem, since it takes me back first to the last stopping-point
_before_ the one I actually want to go back to.)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On May 31, 9:03*am, grammatim wrote:
I have been accustomed to scrolling up or down a long document with
the scroll bar elevator or with the mouse wheel -- just to be able to
check an earlier passage without going through all the Find typing --
and then touching the left or right arrow key to get right back to my
place.

But now, after reinstalling Office2003 thanks to a trojan, I find that
when I scroll, the cursor tags along and shows up on the bottom line
of the new screen display. This is most annoying!

I don't think I've ever altered any setting relevant to this; is there
something I can do about it? (Shift-F5 doesn't seem to be aware of the
problem, since it takes me back first to the last stopping-point
_before_ the one I actually want to go back to.)

Doesn't anyone have any insight here?