Snowfire_42

Default Is it possible to add symbols to the symbol table?

As a student, I frequently use my laptop to take notes and write up projects.
Short cut keys are my best friend. When writing up science reports I have
to frequently use letters with a single dot above them (for example V with a
dot above it). I know that I can just create the character in equation
editor, but I was wondering if there is some way that I can place the
character in the symbol table and assign a short cut key to it. I haven't
had any luck finding if/how to do this with Microsoft Help, so any
suggestions would be much appreciated.
Greg Maxey

I don't think you can do that.

Why don't you just create AutoText for your various symbols? You can then
assign the AutoText entry to convient keyboard shortcut.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support