How does "Arrange all" ordering work?

Old August 21st 18, 02:41 AM
JPh12 JPh12 is offline

Default How does "Arrange all" ordering work?

I use "Arrange all" to tile several documents in my MS Word 2003 window.

Having opened those document in a certain order, 1, 2, 3, 4, say, I'm hoping they would be arranged accordingly, from top to bottom and left to right. But when I arrange them all the order turns out to be
4
1
2,3

I'd appreciate if someone could explain the logic behind "Arrange all" ordering, and suggest a way to make it do the "right" thing, in this case
1
2
3,4
Or even better
1,2
3,4

Thanks

Last edited by JPh12 : August 21st 18 at 02:46 AM.