Ben

Default Word prints short filenames in footer when I choose Insert Filenam

I have Office 2003 and Windows 2000 sp4 and drive is NTFS. Basically, I am
editing a footer in a Word document, click Insert Filename, and Word inserts
90HT9~1 instead of the long filename "90HT937 rev 2005mar18 (How to use
Training Matrix)" Ok, so in one document that would not be a big problem,
just type out the long filename. But, this is also an issue when I go to
print other people documents from a network drive (FAT32). Again, the
filename is in the footer. When I open the document and click print, the
footer changes from the long filename to the short filename. Now, as far as
the operating system. On local drives explorer displays long filenames, but
on network drives it displays short filenames in the address bar.

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
copying files from Wordperfect to Microsoft Word Juliet New Users 1 January 31st 05 06:41 PM
Boiletplates from Word Perfect linda Microsoft Word Help 1 January 28th 05 06:37 PM