Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Colleen Colleen is offline

Default Mail Merge with New Document for Each Record

I would like to do a mail merge with the end result being that each record
(recipient) is its own Word document as the output. So, if I have 4 pages to
my main document and 100 people I want to send it to, I want to have 100
separate 4 page Word documents in the end. Each recipient has its own
special information that I do not want to share with the other recipients, so
I need them in their own Word files. The Word files will then be emailed to
the recipients.

Help!?

Colleen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Colleen" wrote in message
I would like to do a mail merge with the end result being that each record
(recipient) is its own Word document as the output. So, if I have 4 pages
my main document and 100 people I want to send it to, I want to have 100
separate 4 page Word documents in the end. Each recipient has its own
special information that I do not want to share with the other recipients,
so
I need them in their own Word files. The Word files will then be emailed
the recipients.

Help!?

Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
PeterHS PeterHS is offline

I dont now which version office you have but with 2003 and up you can make
individual e-mails with data from a datasource. Then you can send every
individual his one text and get out all the mails in one action.

Of course this wil only work when the text isn't to complicated (not so much
edditing posible). And it is not possible to send a attachment with the
e-mail (not even in office 2007).

Hope this will help

good luck

Peter

"Colleen" wrote:

I would like to do a mail merge with the end result being that each record
(recipient) is its own Word document as the output. So, if I have 4 pages to
my main document and 100 people I want to send it to, I want to have 100
separate 4 page Word documents in the end. Each recipient has its own
special information that I do not want to share with the other recipients, so
I need them in their own Word files. The Word files will then be emailed to
the recipients.

Help!?

Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Colleen Colleen is offline

This is exactly what I wanted! I already have it working away!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Colleen

"Colleen" wrote in message
I would like to do a mail merge with the end result being that each record
(recipient) is its own Word document as the output. So, if I have 4 pages
my main document and 100 people I want to send it to, I want to have 100
separate 4 page Word documents in the end. Each recipient has its own
special information that I do not want to share with the other recipients,
so
I need them in their own Word files. The Word files will then be emailed
the recipients.

Help!?

Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Colleen Colleen is offline

Peter -

Thank you for your message. I actually used Doug's add-in method. It did
exactly what I wanted.

Thanks!
Colleen