Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
l0islane l0islane is offline

Default Can't add page break/split table

Hi guys

I don't know what is wrong with a document I need to format. It has a
large table on it and when I select the place in the table that I want
to add a page break and add it the cursor jumps to the free line above
the table and adds a page break there! Anything I try to do within the
table - split it, section break it etc the cursor jumps to the line
above the table and adds it there, almost as though it doesn't
recognise the table is there. Does anyone have a solution to this?

I didn't set the table up, I've just had the document sent to me to
format, so something could have gone wrong during the original table
creation, but I'm not sure what?

Many thanks

--
l0islane

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
PamC PamC is offline

That happens when I try to put a break within a cell. Word won't do it and
will insert the break above the cell or table instead.

Make sure that allow row to break across pages is checked and that no
paragraphs higher in the table have keep with next applied. Word should
then break the table on its own.

But if that doesn't work, try splitting the cells.

Hope this helps,

Pam

"l0islane" wrote:

Hi guys

I don't know what is wrong with a document I need to format. It has a
large table on it and when I select the place in the table that I want
to add a page break and add it the cursor jumps to the free line above
the table and adds a page break there! Anything I try to do within the
table - split it, section break it etc the cursor jumps to the line
above the table and adds it there, almost as though it doesn't
recognise the table is there. Does anyone have a solution to this?

I didn't set the table up, I've just had the document sent to me to
format, so something could have gone wrong during the original table
creation, but I'm not sure what?

Many thanks

--
l0islane

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
l0islane[_3_] l0islane[_3_] is offline

Hi again

The 'allow row to break' option is selected, none of of the paragraphs
have 'keep with next' applied and when I try and split cells it just
moves the cursor to the text outside the table again!

I may have to give up!!

Thanks

"l0islane" wrote:
-

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If the table is not wrapped, it could be inside a frame. It would then
behave as a wrapped table when you are trying to split the table.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

-