Robbieb

Default default creation for file path and name word documents

I would like to have the file path and name show up as a footer in all word
documents. How do I do this?
Charles Kenyon

You can't. However, you can create a template with this in the footer and
base your new documents on that template. That will put it in the footer of
your new documents. Note that it will not show the correct name and path,
though, until you have (1) saved the document and (2) updated the field by
printing or using Print Preview.

Resist the temptation to put this in your normal.dot template. It will cause
you problems when you least can afford them.

Charles Kenyon

"Robbieb" wrote in message
I would like to have the file path and name show up as a footer in all word
documents. How do I do this?

Shelley Liebman

This is exactly what our computer guy tried to do and if you look further
down in this thread you will see that my normal template is now messed up
because of it. Take Charles' advice on this and just make it a habbit to put
this in on every new document you create instead of trying to put it into the
normal.dot.

"Robbieb" wrote in message
I would like to have the file path and name show up as a footer in all word
documents. How do I do this?

Charles Kenyon

And it is easy to put it into every new document by creating a custom
document template and using that for your new documents.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Shelley Liebman" wrote in