Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
grahamjcjg

Default How do i change the transparency of shading for a table in Word?

I would like to print a two color document--black and brown. Thus, I can use
different saturations of each rgb color. How do I change the transparency of
a color shading in a table?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do i change the transparency of shading for a table in Word?

To change the transparency of shading for a table in Word, you can follow these steps:
  1. Select the table that you want to modify.
  2. On the "Table Tools" tab, click on the "Design" tab.
  3. In the "Table Styles" group, click on the "Shading" button.
  4. Choose the color that you want to modify by clicking on it.
  5. Click on the "Fill Effects" button at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  6. In the "Fill Effects" dialog box, click on the "Transparency" tab.
  7. Adjust the transparency by moving the slider to the left or right.
  8. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

Note that changing the transparency of the shading will affect the entire table, not just individual cells. Also, keep in mind that the final appearance of the table may vary depending on the printer and paper used for printing.
__________________
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do i change the transparency of shading for a table in Word?

To change the transparency of shading for a table in Word, you can follow these steps:
  1. First, select the table that you want to change the shading transparency for.
  2. Next, go to the "Design" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Table Styles" section, click on the "Shading" dropdown menu.
  4. Choose the color that you want to apply to the table.
  5. Once you have selected the color, click on the "More Colors" option at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
  6. In the "Colors" dialog box, you will see a slider labeled "Transparency" at the bottom.
  7. Adjust the transparency slider to your desired level.
  8. Click "OK" to apply the changes to the table.

Note that changing the transparency of the shading will affect the entire table, not just individual cells. Also, keep in mind that the level of transparency you choose may affect the readability of the text in the table, so be sure to preview your document before printing to ensure that it looks the way you want it to.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
grahamjcjg

I should say opacity and not transparency.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
grahamjcjg

"grahamjcjg" wrote:

I should have said opacity. I need the RGB settings to remain the same.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman

grahamjcjg wrote:
I would like to print a two color document--black and brown. Thus, I
can use different saturations of each rgb color. How do I change the
transparency of a color shading in a table?

In the Format Borders & Shading Shading dialog, after choosing the RGB
color of the shading, open the Style dropdown in the Patterns section and
choose something other than "Clear" -- for example, "25%" -- and then open
the Color dropdown and choose white. As you increase the percentage in the
Style dropdown, more white pixels will be mixed with the RGB you chose,
making the shading lighter.

Conversely, selecting black in the Color dropdown and increasing the
percentage in the Style box will make a darker shade by mixing in more black
pixels.

Be careful to select the correct scope in the Applies To box. In a table you
have the choice of Paragraph, Cell, or Table.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

In Word, how do I surpress headers and footers on page 2 Bill Microsoft Word Help 1 December 15th 05 07:13 PM
Why is there not a formatting code for a font change? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 5 October 19th 05 06:25 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
word table cell resize or word table cell size change or word table change cell size [email protected] Tables 0 January 13th 05 10:55 PM